Wednesday, May 25, 2011

LAMP REVAMP.

Sometimes project transformations do not turn out how you envision, which leads to a re-do of the envisioned re-do. This particular lamp re-do falls in this category. With that said, I feel the need to call this blog entry: Lamp Camp - 101 and include the "during" pictures of this project. Everyone should be aware that not all do-it-yourself projects turn out wonderful on your first go-round! {...proof below}

This lamp was given to me by my grandmother (a.k.a Bevy). According to Bevy, back in the day this lamp was considered the "it" lamp....so I hope my re-do does not disappoint!

Here is a preview of the before. Not too terrible if you have orange decor, however not the case in our house.

{before}

I knew the lamp would go in our study so I decided to paint the base of the lamp a color that would match well with our oversized golden yellow chair and the wood wall. This led to my choice in (what I thought was a golden) paint color...but as you can see below the color I chose did not turn out how I envisioned. I hate to say it, but it looks like someone peed on the base of this lamp. No bueno.
{during}

As they say in showbiz, the show must go on (and in this case the re-do must go on)! More paint MUST go on! I couldn't take looking at the base of the lamp any longer so I hurried to the store and bought three more colors (3 for a $1 at Michaels). I didn't want to risk choosing another horrible hue, but no worries blog followers...Round 2 was successful!

Instead of painting the lamp shade, I decided to pick out a textured fabric and recover. Did you know with some fabric, scissors and LOTS of fabric glue, you can have yourself a new snazzy lamp shade? It's true.

And with that said, I would like to present the NEW lamp in our study. Ta-da!

{after}


Obviously, this lamp re-do did not brighten Bayley's day, but I hope it brightens yours and you feel somewhat enlightened!

No comments:

Post a Comment